Monday 11 March 2013

Cranberry Crumble Bars // Recipe

Hey-o! Today I have a really yummy, easy, and healthy recipe to share with you. And, my 6 yr. old sister even said she liked them better than chocolate! So I was pretty impressed with myself.


For these bars, you'll need a blender, a glass (rectangular) dish, and these five ingredients:

2 cups of  Dried Cranberries
1 cup of Peanut Butter (I used organic)
1/2 cup of Almonds (preferably sliced)
1/2 cup of Coconut
and whatever other seeds & nuts you have!
Seriously, just throw it all in the blender, and whatch it blend...

You may or may not need to add more peanut butter depending on how dry it is. But, your final product should be kind of squishy and, well, I don't really know how to describe it. So I guess you'll just have to see for yourself!

Next you'll want to take out your glass dish, and press down the mixture into the bottom of it. You might want to take out a rolling pin to help squish it down, pat it down as firmly as you can, then put it in the fridge for aboout 30 minutes.

Then you can take it out of the fridge, and cut it into bars. I wrapped my bars up seperately in parchment paper (see above), but if you don't have that much time to waste, you can always take out the box of zip-loc bags. What ever works! You will probably find that they are pretty crumbly, so what you can also do is use them as a crumble topping for yogurt. Seriously, they are really good! I recieved thumbs up from all of my siblings. But if you aren't a fan of cranberries, you could always substitute with raisins, dried apercots, etc. And the great thing with this recipe is that you can add whatever nuts and seeds you want!

Well, please let me know if you try these. I'd love to hear how yours turned out.
 Sorry if my instructions were hard to understand...

Thanks for reading,
Emma-lee

3 comments:

  1. Oh, those look delish!!! Gotta try that recipe sometime.

    Seems quite similar to one of my favourite granola bar recipes. Here's the link:
    http://andaboveallthinkchocolate.blogspot.ca/2012/09/fall-and-granola-bars.html
    They are REALLY good.

    Wish all my baking pictures looked that good. haha.

    -Lauricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so going to try to make those!!!! :D

    ReplyDelete